Understanding Your Audiences
This worksheet was created by The Denver Foundation's Inclusiveness Project (http://www.nonprofitinclusiveness.org/) to support organizations doing inclusiveness work.
- Select an audience: ________________________________________
- Answer the following questions related to that audience. You may find that you need to do some research to fully respond to these questions.
What motivates your audience to take action?
Whom do they trust as suppliers of information?
Where do they get information? (church, media, community, etc.)
How do they get information? (word of mouth, printed materials, etc.)
What languages do audience members speak?
What types of media do they use and trust? (newspaper, radio, etc.)
Are there images, icons, or messages that either connect with or offend with this audience?
How does your audience currently connect with your mission?
Are there key opinion leaders within your audience who would be willing to speak on your behalf?
Name of Organization __________________________________________
Date Worksheet Completed _________
- Step 1: Creating Structure
- Step 2: Consultants/Training
- Step 3: Making the Case
- Step 4: Gathering Info
- Step 5: Creating a Blueprint
- What is a Blueprint?
- Using Your Data
- Mission and Values
- Board of Directors
- Organizational Culture
- Marketing and Community Relations
- Programs and Constituents
- Fundraising and Membership
- Writing Your Blueprint
- Finalizing Your Blueprint
- Approving Your Blueprint
- Step 6: Implementing the Blueprint
- Sample Documents
- Next Steps for Your Organization