Sample Interview Questions for Propsective Consultants
Review these questions keeping in mind your organization's needs, goals, and inclusiveness process, and add or subtract questions as necessary:
- Tell us about your philosophical approach to inclusiveness training. (Ask probing questions to see if his/her general philosophy is consistent with the training strategy or strategies you identified on Selecting a Training Approach and Other Details of Inclusiveness Training.)
- What is one of your most successful (and one of your least successful) inclusiveness consulting experiences? What do you think worked and what did not work? What would you change?
- Why are you the best consultant to work with our organization?
- What will you need from us to ensure a successful consulting relationship?
- Tell us about similar inclusiveness work you have done in the way of designing a full inclusiveness initiative, information gathering, cultural competency training, and/or evaluations. (Select only those that are applicable to your organization.)
- Have you worked with an organization during a six to eighteen-month-long process (rather than for one-time or day-long sessions)?
If you are hiring a consultant to do inclusiveness training, add the following questions:
- How do you prepare for a training session?
- How do you evaluate training sessions?
- Would you bring in other consultants to aid in our training sessions? If so, what can you tell us about them?
- What strengths do you have that will be particularly useful in our training sessions?
This worksheet was created by The Denver Foundation's Inclusiveness Project (http://www.nonprofitinclusiveness.org/) to support organizations doing inclusiveness work.
Users are encouraged to customize the worksheet (both content and formatting) to meet the needs of their respective organizations.
- Step 1: Creating Structure
- Step 2: Consultants/Training
- Step 3: Making the Case
- Step 4: Gathering Info
- Step 5: Creating a Blueprint
- Step 6: Implementing the Blueprint
- Sample Documents
- Board Development Grid
- Case Statements
- Consultant Interview Questions
- Definitions of Diversity/Inclusiveness and Cultural Competence
- Job Description for Committee Members
- Job Description for Director of Advocacy
- Job Description for Inclusiveness Coordinator
- Professional Development Plan
- Qualitative Responses
- Quantitative Responses
- RFP (Request for Proposal)
- Survey of Stakeholders
- Next Steps for Your Organization