How Inclusiveness Will Help Advance the Mission of Your Organization
This worksheet was created by The Denver Foundation's Inclusiveness Project (http://www.nonprofitinclusiveness.org/) to support organizations doing inclusiveness work.
Users are encouraged to customize the worksheet (both in content and formatting) to meet the needs of their respective organizations. A writable PDF version is attached.
What is your organization's mission?
Use the space below to make notes based on discussion among your stakeholders as to how inclusiveness will help advance the mission of your organization.
Name of Organization __________________________________________
Date Worksheet Completed _________
- Step 1: Creating Structure
- Step 2: Consultants/Training
- Step 3: Making the Case
- How to Make the Case for Inclusiveness in Your Organization
- Definitions (NARRATIVE)
- Who Are Your Stakeholders?
- Reasons for Doing Inclusiveness Work: The Four Imperatives
- Caution: A Color-Blind Approach is Ineffective
- Benefits from Being More Inclusive
- Identifying Internal and External Stakeholders
- Visualizing Greater Inclusiveness
- How Inclusiveness Will Advance Your Mission
- Sample Case Statements
- How You Currently Engage with the People You Serve
- Benefits from Being More Inclusive (SUMMARY)
- Costs of Not Being Inclusive
- How Your Organization Articulates the Four Imperatives
- Putting Your Case Statement into Action
- Step 4: Gathering Info
- Step 5: Creating a Blueprint
- Step 6: Implementing the Blueprint
- Sample Documents
- Next Steps for Your Organization