Benefits of Having a More Diverse and Inclusive Board
This worksheet was created by The Denver Foundation's Inclusiveness Project (http://www.nonprofitinclusiveness.org/) to support organizations doing inclusiveness work.
- Write down all of the benefits that you can think of for having a more diverse and inclusive board of directors.
- Before you begin, revisit Visualizing Greater Inclusiveness for a reminder of some of your initial reflections on this matter.
- In addition to the points discussed in the module, think about benefits that might be specific to your particular organization.
Name of Organization __________________________________________
Date Exercise Completed _________
- Step 1: Creating Structure
- Step 2: Consultants/Training
- Step 3: Making the Case
- Step 4: Gathering Info
- Step 5: Creating a Blueprint
- What is a Blueprint?
- Using Your Data
- Mission and Values
- Board of Directors
- Organizational Culture
- Marketing and Community Relations
- Programs and Constituents
- Fundraising and Membership
- Writing Your Blueprint
- Finalizing Your Blueprint
- Approving Your Blueprint
- Step 6: Implementing the Blueprint
- Sample Documents
- Next Steps for Your Organization