Articulating Constituents and Potential Constituents
This worksheet was created by The Denver Foundation's Inclusiveness Project (http://www.nonprofitinclusiveness.org/) to support organizations doing inclusiveness work.
- Discuss the concentric circles diagram from an inclusiveness perspective and determine the racial/ethnic groups that are in Rings 1, 2, and 3.
- Then fill in the blanks. (If possible, compare the demographics of your core constituents to potential constituents.)
- You will use this diagram when you consider programmatic changes that can help you become more inclusive of communities of color.
Ring 1: Primary Constituents_____________________________________________
Ring 2: Secondary Constituents__________________________________________
Ring 3: Potential Constituents____________________________________________
Name of Organization __________________________________________
Date Exercise Completed _________
- Step 1: Creating Structure
- Step 2: Consultants/Training
- Step 3: Making the Case
- Step 4: Gathering Info
- Step 5: Creating a Blueprint
- What is a Blueprint?
- Using Your Data
- Mission and Values
- Board of Directors
- Organizational Culture
- Marketing and Community Relations
- Programs and Constituents
- Fundraising and Membership
- Writing Your Blueprint
- Finalizing Your Blueprint
- Approving Your Blueprint
- Step 6: Implementing the Blueprint
- Sample Documents
- Next Steps for Your Organization